So, I was nominated twice for this little "award" guy. My first nomination was given by Maddi, my beautiful cousin, who by marriage, I am so blessed to be related to! (and to share the occasional holida dinner with...) She didn't ask any questions for me to answer, so I'm just going to answer the same questions she answered in her Liebster post. Cool idea, huh? YOU BETTER READ THIS MADDI. You threatened me with "you'll be cursed for 10 years and a scary person will knock on your door if you don't do it. Or something like that.." I am not fond of scary people or 10 year curses.
The next nomination come from the wonderful Chantel, who is a very wonderful and sweet friend of mine, who happens to also be the mother of the darn near cutest little boy who exists. She asked 8 questions. So I'll answer those as well. Are you guys so excited? I am. It gives me something to blog about! (Supposedly this award is only given to bloggers who are under 200 followers?)
these are the rules:
You must list 11 things about yourself
You must answer 11 questions the nominee created for you
You must chose your own favorite blogs to nominate
You must create 11 questions for them (or use the previous questions)
You must let them know they've won:
that's a lot of must's. Not sure I can handle this pressure.
11 things about myself:
1. I am a bit of a germ and hand lotion freak. If I wash my hands in a public bathroom and lotion is not around to put on my hands after, I do a little bit of a mental freak out. I'm not just a freak about germs on my hands, I'm a freak about germs that aren't mine and aren't Joe's - because Joe and I share germs.
2. I almost always get sick when I travel.
3. I have a highly inappropriate sense of humor. I blame my mother. But not really, because I love her sense of humor.
4. When I first started my blog I blogged 50 things I'm thankful for every single Thursday.
F i f t y things. Every single Thursday. How did I do that?
5. Sometimes Joe and I play a word game that doesn't make any sense to anyone but just me and him. For instance: I call him a blip dip and he says flip sip back and I say clip fip and so on until someone changes it to something else to make up words to... Do you see the pattern? We really do this. Often. We are weirdos. But I sure love us.
6. My dad nicknamed me "Doodle Bug" when I was the littlest person. I don't think he knew I was going to be a doodler adult.
7. I bite my nails and I pick my face/zits/scars and whenever I find a split end I split it even further. Ha. Good habits aren't they?
8. My sister always comments on how my style is very easy to pick out. Like, she could be at a clothing store and find everything I would like. I've had many people tell me this. I like stripes, big bold patterns, and color, color blocking, and scarves. That's generally what you'll see me wearing.
9. I hate being too warm. It overwhelms me. I feel like I can't breathe. I hate sweating. I hate having to wipe my forehead or take off layers of clothing. ick.
10. I am guilt stricken. I feel bad about everything.
11. I wanted to wear glasses when I was younger, I bought glasses when they weren't essential but only slightly recommended by the optometrist. I will forever regret that decision. My eyesight has gotten worse and worse over the years and my eyeballs will not allow contacts to be on them. I am stuck with glasses forever more and no one will ever see my pretty eyes because of this poor decision. Who in their right mind chooses glasses?
11 questions from maddi's blog and 8 questions from chantel.
1: Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I'm a person, not an owl, and I'm kind of just a midday human.
2: If a genie granted you three wishes what would they be?
1. Enough money to help all of my family live comfortable lives.
2. Infinite ability to travel every corner of the world with whom ever I want as my travel pal(s).
3. Joe with the capacity and ability and opportunity to work toward having his dream job and getting it!
3: What is your favorite color?
maroon, orange, green. I've never been able to choose just one. Ask my wedding, it was a rainbow.
4: What annoys you most?
noise. noise and sound that doesn't belong. like buzzing. or smacking on food. or snoring. or an annoying alarm. or clicking. or anything that isn't supposed to be there. also music that has too much "noise" is not music i want to hear.
5: Guilty pleasure?
i've never understood this question. because i don't feel that guilt and pleasure can exist together.
6: If you had a day to yourself what would you do?
last week I had an entire week to myself and I just watched tv. so I guess that's what I would do. I'm adventurous and I aim high.
7: What is #1 on your bucket list?
pfft. have a baby, yo. have a joe and tif baby.
8: What's your favorite app?
9: What would you love to learn if you had the time?
magic tricks, sculpting, sewing, pottery making, culinary arts; just you know, the basics.
10: What three things can you NOT live without?
WHAT GUYS, you couldn't live without food or water either?
11: What made you decide to start blogging?
everyone else was doing it.
1. What's the most recent movie you've seen?
It was called Butter, and it was on Netflix, and I don't think you should watch it.
2. Tell me about your first high school crush
Oh my. I had so many high school crushes. One boy from every "clique" or "group" of people. I could not choose just one. But if you ask me about my senior crush, his name was Joe Hafen and he is my husband.
3. If you could travel back in time, where and when?
Just to my earlier days when I made choices that affected my current baby making processes. So I would have made more intelligent choices, with the foods I eat, and the lack of exercise in my life, just so this trial wouldn't be one I've had to bear.
4. What are you addicted to right now?
laziness. I've had two weeks of no job and all I've done is a whole lot of nothing. I don't mind it one bit. (But I am quite excited to start my new job on Monday!!)
5. Describe the last dream you remember.
Joe was going around his hometown telling everyone he was divorcing me. His dad gave me a book called "finding your next husband." HOW TERRIBLE IS THAT?
6. Where do you want to be in your life in 10 years?
in a home with my husband that is not connected to anyone else's home. with at least one child. making my husband and my child(ren) the happiest little humans on the planet.
7. Your worst day ever in elementary school?
probably the day I made fun of a little girls hair. I told her it looked like a pineapple. I got that from Grease when Frenchie dyes her hair bright yellow. But it didn't come off as a funny thing or a reference to Grease. (pretty sure we were in second grade.) I remember exactly where we were standing on the playground and I remember exactly how she looked when I said it and I remember exactly how I felt when I walked away.
8. Who is your role model?
I would never be able to choose just one person. There are so many people who have affected my way of thinking or the mold or shape my life has taken. I am constantly looking and listening and learning from people around me. Selecting one person as my role model wouldn't do me or anyone else the justice they deserve.
those who read my blog.
i think there are about 11 of you.
you can answer the questions i just did.